Sunday 28 December 2014

Lace Split Maxi Dress | lifeasapetite outfit #20

Boo!

How was Christmas?? I hope you all had an incredible incredible day and were able to spend it with your loved ones! It is crazy to think that 2015 is nearly upon us! This year has been a crazy year, but before I start my post I just wanted to thank you all for an amazing year full of love and support! I really am truly touched that so many people enjoying my content! Bring on 2015 and many more new friends!

As the time to welcome 2015 nears, I wanted to share an outfit I will be wearing this year to a NYE ball. This will be my second time in wearing a maxi dress so it is rather exciting. Looking back at all my Formal outfit posts it is actually quite interesting to see that they are all nude or pink. I must really like that colour haha.

Lace and Pink Split Maxi Dress - life as a petite
Missguided Inkeri Cream Strappy Split Maxi Dress - New Years Eve Outfit Idea (Formal Outfit Idea)
Formal Outfit Ideas - Pink and Lace Maxi Dress


My best friend is actually lending me this dress to wear, which is extremely kind of her!! And good news for any Missguided lovers this dress is now on sale! I have taken advantage of the sale myself and have made  a cheeky purchase of some gorgeous sequin heels I had been eyeing for a while. I can't wait to share them with you all! As you can tell this is a rather long dress, so is only really for picture taking and sitting down. Due to the length this calls for lots of hiking up the dress moments just to make walking possible. A bit silly to wear such a long dress? Probably but don't worry as strange as it sounds I have another shorter dress I will be wearing on the evening as I would not be able to dance in this at all! Seems a bit indulgent I guess but I don't want to ruin this dress! 

I just adore the lace detailing which you can see more clearly in the first picture. It is so so feminine, especially with the pink, but the split leg just adds a little bit of sexiness to it. Angelina Jolie moments calling out right there haha. 
Light Blue Asyemmetric Zip Clutch | life as a petite
Powder Blue Fold Over Zip Clutch | life as a petite
In my last outfit post (HERE) I had some M&S nude heels on, this time my trusty extra high nude heels are back again (HERE). There is no way I could go out without some crazily high heels!

Unlike my other formal posts I have added some colour with this gorgeous pale blue fold over clutch. As you may know I am a lover of mint/light blue so fell in love with this straight away when I saw it in New Look a couple of days ago, especially with the price drop from £14 to £6! As I'm all about the practicalities when going out, the fact that this bag was large enough to accommodate my flats, and had a zip + cross body strap made it even more appealing to me. I will have to give it a clean before I take it out on NYE though as it is looking a bit grubby - I guess that's the price you pay for getting bargains haha. To finish off the look I just added a gold necklace. I am really into little details at the moment, hence the necklace matching the gold zip of the clutch haha.

***
Split Maxi Dress: Missguided // HERE
Nude Heels: Amazon // Similar
Triangular Necklace: New Look
Blue Asymmetric Zip Clutch: New Look // Similar
***

I hope you enjoyed this little post :) Have you guys got plans for NYE/celebrating the New Year? Are you making any new year's resolutions?

I want to thank all again for the love you have given my blog, I really do appreciate it so so much! I want to wish you all the best for the New Year!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a fantastic time how ever you are celebrating!
Take care and speak soon. 
Bloglovin' || Twitter || Instagram || Pinterest || Facebook


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

Petite Sequin Skater Dress (life as a petite)Petite Maxi Dress (Life as a Petite)Petite Sequin Party Dress (life as a petite)

68 comments:

  1. The dress is pretty and you have accessorised it really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love these subtle shades. I'm wondering how you'll walk though with the hem dragging on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look gorgeous as always!
    support you as always!
    xx. T.
    http://xrubylixious.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely! I love your blog and can't wait to see what 2015 brings x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is so pretty. I love the lace detailing on it and you styled it beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful dress, the detail is amazing! I hope you have an amazing time xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg that dress is gorgeous,really suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for following my page on Facebook, dear. I like finding new fellow bloggers.
    This is a gorgeous lace long gown. Loving your look!

    Tell if you'd like to follow each other on Bloglovin as well :)

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey. Nice dress and I love the shoes.
    Gig
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Tiny! Hope you're having a blast celebration yourself. And what a gorgeous dress, I love lace and is thinking to own one :) but I don't think to make it as a maxi, looks good on you however. And that platform nude shoes! Ghezz... That's so flattering :)

    anyway, I'm changing my blog url - don't get confused. xo

    noniq's diary | A blog by Moudy

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's such s beautiful dress I can see why you wouldn't want it ruined. Nothing wrong with a costume change on NYE, it's a time for partying
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the shoes and the blue clutch!!
    http://cherpopiah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful dress. I am not brave enough to wear that colour, I would get it dirty lol! Bet it would look awesome in black as well!

    Laura x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!!! This outfit is stunning. Love the lace, love the colour. The accessories are perfect. Not sure Im brave enough to wear this style yet until I have lost the rest of my baby weight.
    Jen x
    http://jenjbboutique.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the necklace paired with the lacy dress! gig love


    Sara
    thesarafrances.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your dress! <3

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet dress. very sweet to go on a sweet date. LOL gig

    ReplyDelete
  18. TT you look gorgeous. The lace dress is awesome. Love the complete look, every single piece is gorgeous. How is fluffy Alfie?
    kisses and cuddles
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice dress and heels <3
    Lacey stuffs make it look elegant, feminine and beautiful <3
    Thanks for sharing ^^

    VISIT MY BLOG❤

    ReplyDelete
  20. The lace and the split makes it looks sexy feminine and elegant! Like the maxi dress~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely dress, I'm not a massive fan of lace but this is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely dress and it looks cute:) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The dress is absolutely gorgeous and stunning! I love dresses like this, especially with a split side. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  24. this dress is really pretty, so are the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh that is gorgeous i do love lace and i actually opted buying some outfits with it on for my girls as i think its so feminie

    http://beautyandtheprince.weebly.com/body-and-skin-care/quinoderm-the-acne-saviour1

    ReplyDelete
  26. It georgeous lovely dress that suitable for you! Perfect for dinner

    Miss Ika's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a pretty dress! Love that colour on you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. that's so pretty! Im petite too and it's so difficult to find a maxi dress that is the right length~ gig
    www.claudineimelda.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. THank you so much Lenya! Here's just a little collage of little fluffy - he's grown so big and still doesn't stay still haha but at least his eyes are open :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you very much, I really appreciate the feedback especially about accessories actually becuase I struggle with that sometimes, so thank you!! x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you! Haha it's these situations which call for signifcant hiking up ;p x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so much again! Same to you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you os much Beth, I really appreciate the support so much - I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New year!! x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you so much, it really means a lot :) x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you very much, it was so much fun!! x

    ReplyDelete
  36. The dress is so so so pretty! Love the lace and the colour and the whole dress!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awwwww ...... look at that cutie black nose of his..... he is so sweet, TT, his eyes.......awwww thse eyes can't lie ;) muah muah muah...............thx bunches TT, he is still a fluffy puppy. hugs and cuddles xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  38. dang you look amazing! didn't know that was a misguided dress. whats the sizing like for this dress?

    ReplyDelete
  39. http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11379735

    ReplyDelete
  40. Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie12 January 2015 at 02:47

    What a lovely, lovely look - Beautiful dress. I love these pictures! <3 GIGLove

    ReplyDelete
  41. A very beautiful and feminine dress! Looks lovely on you!
    Giglove

    ReplyDelete
  42. The dress looks very elegant and oh I love the colour too ! GigLove

    ReplyDelete
  43. Loving the Lace dress!! The pasted shade and white combo looks soo prettyy indeed

    GIG Love
    xoxo Chaicy - Style.. A Pastiche!
    SAP on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  44. ur cluth!!i love it especially the colour so sweet ler!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Gorgeousness. The clutch really compliment your whole look. And you look beautiful too :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. so beautiful pattern and soft color that you wore!
    i love it so much, and much prettier with that high heels..
    so glam :D

    ReplyDelete
  47. The dress look really amazing on you! So gorg.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love your nude pumps !! So beautiful & classy x

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow, your dress is beautiful. Merry Christmas? Hmmm.. i guess it is too late to say that. =S giglove

    ReplyDelete
  50. love the dress, really beautiful , like the bag too

    ReplyDelete
  51. Such a pretty outfit :)

    Lots of love,

    Christina

    https://imkayya.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank you Nicol! This is a size 4, apart from it being a bit too long everything else fit really well. If it's any guidance I'm 5 foot and 1/2 so if you're much taller then this should fit you no problem :) x

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, especially about the pictures as well as it does mean a lot! x

    ReplyDelete
  54. aww that's so sweet of you to say, thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thank you, it really is such a feminine dress :) x

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thank you so much for your sweet words maureen, you're too kind! x

    ReplyDelete
  57. haha i don't think having no high heels would ever be an option for me ;p thank you so much for your lovely words :) x

    ReplyDelete
  58. Thank you! They are lovely, but not the best dancing shoes haha - thank god for flats :p x

    ReplyDelete
  59. haha yeah this was posted quite a while ago:p but thank you for your kind words :) x

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thank you so much Caroline! Really glad I managed to snap the bag up for the price as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  61. puddingmonsterblog19 January 2015 at 08:15

    super love how the dress flows on you! pretty from head to toe <3

    GIGlove

    Love,

    Pudding Monster

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thank you so much for you sweet words!:) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for passing by, I really appreciate it! Have a lovely day :D Feel free to email me on lifeasapetite@outlook.com ☺

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...