Friday 17 April 2015

The Fable Review | lifeasapetite

Boo!


Wooo it's Friday!! I hope you've all had a fantastic week! I am sharing another foodie adventure today, and this time I enjoyed Steak, Lobster and a glass of Prosecco for £16 at The Fable. I made the booking through Bookatable, HERE, and the offer ends tomorrow! 
The Fable Review by Life as a Petite
Who doesn't like a complimentary glass of bubbly? As you can tell from my photos I'm trying to be all artsy haha, but I do like how they turned out! I've actually never had a drink with a petal in it before, actually I lie, I just remembered that I had a flower in one of my cocktails before :p Either way it's still very pretty :) 
The Fable Review by Life as a Petite
I had been to The Fable before, but only for drinks at night, so it was nice to see what it looked like when it was lighter and less crowded. We were seated on the ground floor, and I have got to say I love the decor! As you may know, I am a sucker for good decor, and this place gets a massive thumbs up from me. The huge windows and high ceilings give such an open and airy feel, which I love, and the cool looking wheels and plants just makes the place look so cosy. The last time I was here, I was on the top floor (I think they have three floors) so couldn't appreciate any of this.
The Fable Bar - The Fable Bar Bar & Restaurant Review by Life as a Petite
You guys may know how much I love candles and cute little home ware items, so I had to take the photo below. Plus I love the little peg on the menus. It is probably very silly but I just love these little touches.
The Fable Bar - The Fable Bar Bar & Restaurant Review by Life as a Petite

The Fable Bar - The Fable Bar Bar & Restaurant Review by Life as a Petite
The Fable - Steak, lobster & bubbles £16 per person Review by Life as a Petite
The Fable - Steak, lobster & bubbles £16 per person Review by Life as a Petite
The Fable - Steak, lobster & bubbles £16 per person Review by Life as a Petite
The Fable - Steak, lobster Review by Life as a Petite
The Fable Bookatable Review lifeasapetite
How delicious does this look? It tasted even better than it looked as well. I'm not 100% sure how much lobster usually costs, but with steak usually more than £15 it was definitely a bargain. Granted, the steak (4oz) and the lobster (half) was quite small in comparison to if you were going to have them individually, it was still a great price. I had the steak medium rare and it was cooked perfectly. I think the lobster was steamed. The last time I had lobster was at Burger & Lobster (£20), and had it smoked, so trying it steamed was new to me. Although I would have preferred it smoked, as I feel it would give it more flavour, it still tasted delicious. So much that I wish there was more! Even though the portions were smaller than usual, you did feel satisfied - you don't want to be too full on the afternoon especially if you have work to do after :p Plus, it meant that we had room for dessert. But then again who says no to dessert:p 

The last couple of snaps were just around The Fable. I had to take a picture of the seating area below!.I'd never seen anything like it where it was all made of books! I thought it was such a cute idea having quotes dotted around the ladies as well. 
The Fable Bookatable Review lifeasapetite

Overall, I really enjoyed my time at here. The food was so tasty, the service was fab and of course the decor was spot on. The atmosphere was just great: relaxed and chilled for lunch, but fun and vibrant at night!

Address & Contact Details:
52 Holborn Viaduct, London, EC1A 2FD 
+44 8455979186 // 0845 468 0105 

Opening times: 
Mon – Weds: 7am - late
Thur & Fri: 7am - 1am 
Sat: 9am - 1am
Sun: 9am - 6pm

I hope you enjoyed this post, and I haven't made you too hungry:p How much does the decor of a place play a part in your dining experience? 

Have a fantastic weekend, take care and speak soon!
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
Other 'Food Adventure' posts you may be interested in:
 The Strand Dining Rooms ReviewTexture Review Arbutus Review

57 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous place to visit. I love the books around the table so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks like an amazing place, the food looks divine and it's made me want a glass of bubbly now too, but I guess it's a little early for that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how incredible does this place look?! I wish I could visit London more often. I'd definitely be checking this place out if I could!!

    Louise x

    With love from Lou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow wow wow this place looks absolutely incredible!! I actually passed here in an uber on wednesday and wish Id gone in now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a fantastic place for meeting up with friends for a fun, chilled out night. I think the decor of a restaurant plays a massive part in creating the ambience and this place looks to have got it just right. Next time we are in town will have to look it up! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I NNEEEED to go here! Lobstier, steak and bubbly for £16 is an absolute bargain! I love the decor, especially that book seating area! How cute :)


    Sarah xxx | www.whatsasssays.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the petal floating in the drink, that's such a special and unusual touch! I love the stacked book table screen and wow, the price for this experience is brilliant! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth MusingHousewife18 April 2015 at 08:57

    Oh I love the petal. Looks like a fantastic meal! The price is a big bonus... because it certainly looks more expensive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love your photography, looks like a beautiful place. I'm sure you had a wonderful time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah this is like right down the road from my work but I haven't ventured there yet! It looks really cool inside, I totally need to take a visit now! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is such a lovely cosy place to grab some lunch and have a nice chit chat :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahha there shouldn't be a time for when you should or shouldn't have a glass :p have one whenever you fancy, that's what i say;) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. you should definitely pop by whenever you're in london :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww nooo, at least next time you pass it you can drop by :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is! The great thing here is that it's so spacious and isn't too crowded on the evening as well :) I've never seen a place decorated like this before, the little quirky things make it extra cool i think :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. isn't it? I think they should really have more of those seats. Maybe bookatable or something like that would have that kind of offer on again :) Would definitely recommend signing up to bookatable/opentable's email notifications as they always send cool dining offers :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely! It would be so cool if you could actually eat the petal as well;p x

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha definitely love a good old bargain, and this definitely was a lovely experience :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. aww amy thank you so much, that really means a lot!! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooh if you have a chance you should definitely pop in :) on the afternoon you can't enter via the holborn viaduct way, but can take the entrance on farringdon street :) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! The food looks delicious, but this restaurant is too cute. I love it all!

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  22. The décor for this place is too cute! I've never had lobster but it looks delicious, and those chips look amazing!

    India | Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  23. That lobster looks amazing! The decor is awesome.


    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the restaurant décor! the food looks yummy too, especially the lobster but it does look a little small and it's pretty pricey too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow that place looks amazing, love the decor!! And that lobster looks absolutely delicious - what a great place x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow this looks like an amazing place to eat. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. How beautiful! I wish I made it there when I was in London last month. I'd have loved a seat by the booth with all the books. :)

    Jen
    www.lifeunrefined.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, the seating area with all the book is soo cool!. The would be a good conversation starter if you are on a date. -katrina centeno

    ReplyDelete
  29. This place certainly looks amazing, definitely great to relax and have nice food.
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
  30. Seems like a lovely place indeed ! I love that couch surrounded by books and the huge wall with bookshelves as well. Glad you enjoyed this place :)

    GIG Love
    Chaicy - Style..A Pastiche!
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  31. The food and drinks looks nice! Love the place too! Too bad it's too far away from my Country >.<

    ReplyDelete
  32. can't describe enough how delicious and alluring that lobster looks! just mouthwatering !!

    Gig love,
    http://greenstoryblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. oh that Lobster is so tempting! Luv the pics of this post <3
    #gig

    ReplyDelete
  34. It is isn't it! I would love to incorporate some of those decorative things in my home, although I don't have the high ceilings ahah x

    ReplyDelete
  35. It was so tasty! Definitely a good bargain :) x

    ReplyDelete
  36. that lobster looks so juicy! haha i wouldn't mind having a glass of bubbly with a petal right now

    ReplyDelete
  37. i love the concept of this restaurant.
    really geeky but still glam! thank you for the recommendation <3

    ReplyDelete
  38. it tasted so good as well! The steak was cooked to perfection as well - this is making my mouth water haha x

    ReplyDelete
  39. I guess the portion is quite small in comparison to usual, but it was such a great thing to try:p And steak itself can be between £10-£20, and with the lobster that'd probably be at least £20:p So we thought all this, plus a glass of proscceo for £16 was a pretty good deal hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  40. would definitely recommend checking it out if you're ever around that part of london :) x

    ReplyDelete
  41. I know right! It would have been so cool! I wouldn't how long it took for someone to make that! But it's also such a clever idea x

    ReplyDelete
  42. I think the high ceilings and natural light helps a lot too. Plus the cute decor hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  43. It's always great visiting a place you know will do top quality food and also is a great place to relax hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  44. Aww no :( Well if you're ever in London, definitely check this place out :) x

    ReplyDelete
  45. haha I know the feeling, I wish I could have it all over again :p x

    ReplyDelete
  46. It was! If you're a fan of Lobster or just want to try it, I would definitely recommend Burger and Lobster if oyu've not tried it already :) x

    ReplyDelete
  47. Heena Shah-Dhedhi26 April 2015 at 10:45

    I always feel the decor is important to get people in the restaurant for the first time, but for repeat value customers it is always the quality of food.
    - Heena, http://www.icynosure.in/

    ReplyDelete
  48. I really do want some lobsters right now!! Am hungry D= The pictures looks so so good!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  49. This place looks amazing, I'm not 100% sure about the books around the booth but I really do love the decor. The lobster looks great too. You've made me hungry! I'll have to go here soon, I know my girls would love this too.

    ReplyDelete
  50. that lobster loook so so delicious..i am so hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  51. puddingmonsterblog27 April 2015 at 13:58

    the place looks super cool! And the food looks amazing as well!

    Love,

    Pudding Monster

    ReplyDelete
  52. Khushboo Motihar27 April 2015 at 15:16

    The champagne looks lovely and the flower petal is definitely an interesting idea. Loved your photographs dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. This is such a great post that I have mentioned your blog in my latest post. I really want to visit this restaurant!

    Jasmine xx
    For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  54. Oh my god. I dream my home office to hae this type of section as well. So inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for passing by, I really appreciate it! Have a lovely day :D Feel free to email me on lifeasapetite@outlook.com ☺

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...