Sunday 10 May 2015

White on White | lifeasapetite #26

Boo!

I hope you've all had an incredible week and are having a wonderful weekend :) For this weeks post I took inspiration from instagram, and in particular from Xiao Ting Zheng (xtzheng.blogspot.co.uk/) who did an incredible white on white outfit. It is something I've never tried before but I wanted to put my own spin on it. Although this outfit isn't as stylish as Xiao Ting's I really do like this trend and I hope you all like this post as well, and do check her out :)

White on White Casual Chic Outfit IDea. Forever21 Quilted Pink Backpack
White on White Casual Chic Outfit IDeaWhite Jeans, White Missguided Tshirt and Pink Nike Trainers
If you're running late or out of ideas but want to look chic and stylish effortlessly, I think putting together a white on white outfit is one of the easiest ways to acheive that kind of look - right behind some pointy black heels hehe. White on White just gives such a clean and summer ready look, although please do excuse my crumpled top. It has kind of stifled my attempt on the 'clean' part, sorryyy:p 

I used to be a bit wary about pairing an outfit in the same shade. I know in my Disney Cinderella Inspired Outfits post I paired several shades of blue but I kind of separated the blue with some white, however with this outfit there is no separation until you get to the shoes. As I didn't want to look as though I was stepping out in a jump suit I made sure the top and jeans were of different material. Although the difference is only slight, it's enough to break up the outfit a bit. 

I've blogged about the white cropped New Look jeans a couple of times now, so it's no surprise they're featuring again, but I just love them. And, together with this over sized T-shirt helps bring this outfit to a more casual level. It might just be me, but applying the same theory of wearing nude heels "elongates" your legs, this white on white outfit should give us petites the illusion of being taller as well. 
White on White outfit Idea
As if this white and white outfit isn't bright enough, these fluorescent pink brighten and liven it even more! I never would have thought I would wear trainers in a non-sports context, however, together with a sore foot and seeing a lot of people wearing trainers I thought I would give it ago. I'm one of those silly people who feel that, once I'm in any sports related item of clothing I must do sport and feel guilty if I don't...But I've now overcome that fear and have started wearing these. I posted about these trainers back in August (HERE) and shared that I had bought them for £32.49 (excl. delivery), unfortunately these are out of stock but have linked two websites below with reduced prices as well :) 
White on White outfit Idea
Finally, I just wanted to add a couple of accessories to continue with casual chic look with this cute backpack and cap. I bought this backpack from Forever21 last year really really love it it's got so many compartments. J thinks it looks like an owl:p The cap is actually J's, and shh don't tell him I've taken it:p
***
Trainers: Sports Shoes // HERE or HERE
T-shirt: Missguided // HERE
Cropped Jeans: New Look // HERE
Bag: Forever 21
***

I hope you enjoyed this post! Have you guys ever tried this white on white trend or trainers trend? If so, or if not do you like it or is a no no? Would love to hear your thoughts :)

Have a great day! Take care and speak soon. 


You can also find me: Bloglovin' || Twitter || Instagram || Pinterest || Facebook

58 comments:

  1. heathersimpson10 May 2015 at 09:44

    Love this but know that I would get chocolate or jam all over it within half an hour, my daughter has new white skinny jeans, might get her to try this look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have the figure for white trousers but you have and it looks great! Love the pop of the pink from the trainers too :-)


    Helen - #ukbloggers

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great in white and effortlessly chic. Have a wonderful Sunday!

    Jasmine xx
    For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I know the feeling, although the last time I wore white jeans somehow managed to get pen on it...:p i'm sure she'll look lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww I'm sure you do! Got to love a little splash of pink :p x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so so much Jasmine, you're always on point with your fashion so it's always fab to hear your thoughts :) and thank youuu you to! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your complete look, from the top to the sneakers, Isabella ;) It's a win win. That pop of bold red is so glam.
    kisses
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love that bag so much! Great choice :D


    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the all white look

    xo

    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This outfit looks lovely on you, but with my lifestyle it would be mucky in a matter of minutes! Ha! Denim jeans means I can sit down on the hillside and drink coffee from my flask. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute look, especially with Summer on our doorstep. I love the rucksack too!
    Bee xxx
    QueenBeady.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great all-white look on you. The loose-fitting white tee really brings it all together - such a chic piece!


    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice



    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This does look so clean and funky, I'd gave never thought of white on white before. Love the colour of the trainers and hat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking great, I really like your trainers and hat. I'd be scared to leave the house in an all white outfit, you couldn't use public transport haha. It's a great summer outfit though

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the bag..it look fun and simple white outfit look great tooo

    ReplyDelete
  16. The all-white look goes great on you =) I would never dare to wear this for I would look like a balloon in it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hardly have any white clothes because companies have the tendency to manufacture sheer white clothes and I dislike it. The contrast made by the shoes was great :)
    http://popiahc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The bag is so cute! I'd totally love something like that in black. Your shoes, hat, and bag contrast with the white nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heena Shah-Dhedhi17 May 2015 at 15:05

    OMG I love that bag, its is simply gorgeous. Your style as usual is bang on, perfect.
    - Heena, www.icynosure.in/

    ReplyDelete
  20. i always love a pop of colour. i wish id look that great in an all white outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  21. my cup of beauty17 May 2015 at 23:52

    that looks lovely even though white is not for me


    xx


    Dominika

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beauty_Blogette18 May 2015 at 00:42

    I love the outfit and it looks great on you. Excellent choice for spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look fantastic! I'm too clumsy for white- I'd end up spilling something all down myself. Also I love the bag and I totally see where J's coming from about it looking like an owl! x

    Stephanie | ouistephanie.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks good on you! I do not think I can pull off white jeans. I can be clumsy and the white can turn into brown with me not noticing where I sit, stand or lean on. -katrina centeno

    ReplyDelete
  25. i really love your outfit.
    its gonna be my references outfit for summer.
    thank you for sharing with us :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have never tried white on white before. In fact don’t think I own many white clothing at all. I like your outfit though. I am not quite ready to go full white on white yet but I will draw inspiration from this and see where that takes me. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  27. honestly I never tried a full set of white outfit. But girl you look amazingly beautiful, comfy and casual.... you're defiantly inspiring me to give '#allwhiteneverything' a try :)

    http://greenstoryblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the all white outfit with a little pop of blue and red =D

    ReplyDelete
  29. nice bag! i like how you paired it with red shoes! looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great outfit choice! I especially love how you paired it with a pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  31. White on white anyday for me too girl! I'm obsessed with white all the time. You look great too.

    GIG Love
    SAP on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  32. Khushboo Motihar19 May 2015 at 15:53

    Love your bag. I must pay a visit to Forever 21 soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you so much! They always have some great things! I actually found a similar looking bag on missguided recently if you're interested :) https://www.missguided.co.uk/accessories/bags-purses/quilted-buckle-detail-backpack-nude x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you so much! I wish I could wear this kind of look everyday but I'm too clumsy for that hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you so much! Haha it's funny how they actually came up red on the photos as actually pink :p x

    ReplyDelete
  36. I didn't realise that neon pink would come up red, but that's pretty awesome as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Aww that really means a lot, I'm glad you feel inspried :D I know you'll rock the white on white if you try it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  38. You're very welcome, it's so lovely to hear that you feel inspired! Thank YOU for your sweet comment :) x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you marie, it really means a lot :) x

    ReplyDelete
  40. haha I know what you mean I've drawn on myself by accident :p x

    ReplyDelete
  41. He was so happy when I told him someone agreed with him, as I still don't see it :p Thank you for your lovely words stephanie :) x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Aww nicol you always look amazing in your outfits, I'm sure you'd be able to pull something like this off effortlessly! x

    ReplyDelete
  43. It's so handy with the little pockets:) Thank you Heena! x

    ReplyDelete
  44. Forever21 actually did a black version as well! Although for some reason it looked too shiny in black so I thought the pink was better :) x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh god I know! I have no idea why they do it as well, it's so annoying. Thankfully New Look did these jeans non-see through x

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you so much! Aww I'm sure you'd look gorgeous :) x

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love the simpliest outfits as they're so easy to style:) x

    ReplyDelete
  48. I've actually not had any mishaps on the tube or bus! The only accidents I've had area actually all self-inflicted - careless alert :p x

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank you so mcuh Gabrielle. A oversized t-shirt is a must in everyone's wardrobe, especially during summer! x

    ReplyDelete
  50. I hadn't realised they looked red until people said:p Thank you for your lovely comment as always :) x

    ReplyDelete
  51. hehe it's so useful as well, thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  52. thank you very much :) Denim jeans definitely are the best and also less stress about getting them dirty ahha x

    ReplyDelete
  53. THank you so much bee, this kind of outfit just makes me want the long summer days to hurry up:p x

    ReplyDelete
  54. Fatemah Sajwani2 June 2015 at 17:24

    the white looks amazing on you so so does the nude bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for passing by, I really appreciate it! Have a lovely day :D Feel free to email me on lifeasapetite@outlook.com ☺

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...